Temple Run has been one of the revolutionary games on the android and IOS platform. This limitless/endless 3D game was developed by Imangi Studios. The game is based on a simple objective- you steal an idol from temple and the guardian chases you. It has been a very good hit for the mobile in its launch years. The map is beautifully designed to suit all the ancient themes. With good graphics and less storage people played this for their time pass. It made so good progress that after several weeks of its release it became the top recommended free game of play store.
Temple Run has hit over 170 million downloads. Redefining the mobile platform gaming. This was favorite game to people because of the score competition feature. People challenged each other and their friends due to the ‘facebook’ login option.
Minimum specifications to run:
Another reason of getting favorite is that is its compatibility on almost every low-end phone.
Minimum requirements are:
- 800 MHz CPU
- 44 MB of storage
- Android OS:- 2.3+
- At Least 512 MB ram
- Mali 400 or higher
Since that’s all for the requirements. This displays that this game is capable to run on all the low-end phones.
The Temple Run game was launched in two series:
The classic version of the legacy. This game was initially released on 4 August 2011. Being one of the most downloaded game of the series it was the top on the ‘free games’ chart.
Temple Run 2
The second version of the legacy which was carried out by Imangi Studios. The fan following of Temple Run was at hype. After this version was released. Imangi Studios made a very huge fortune by this single game. Basic Features
Temple Run provides a variety of characters to be played with. Each one of them has a special ability.
- Guy Dangerous- The default character of the whole temple run series. Each player has to start with it. An average explorer and a very good runner. Has a special ability of shield when double-tapped.
- Scarlett Fox- A cunning escape artist. This character boasts the special ability of boost distance when double-tapped on the screen. It costs 10000 coins.
- Karma Lee- A woman with the fastest legs in the Far East. You can purchase her for 25000 coins. She has a special power-up of ‘score boost’ when a player double-taps on the screen.
- Barry Bones- With a tagline of ‘a city cop with attitude’; this character can be unlocked for playing if you have 10000 coins in your hand. It boasts the special ability of ‘coin doubling’ once double-tapped.
- Maria Selva- This lady is as dangerous as it seems, you’ll know when you’ll play. When selected, she starts taking selfies on her phone. You can purchase her for 100000 coins. Has a special ability of ‘double coins’.
- Zack Wonder- A football player with a football in hand. Being a football player was too mainstream for him. You can unlock this character for 5000 coins. Has the ability of ‘coin booster’
- Rahi Raaja- Another explorer in the Temple Run world, with a beard on his face. He’s ready to face all the challenges on his way. He can be unlocked by 5000 coins. Has the special ability of dash running.
- Nidhi Nirmal- A middle-aged women from India, who wears a magenta shirt, dark green jeans and carrying a purse with her. She can be unlocked for 5000 coins and comes with a boost power-up by default.
- Francisco Montoya- The foreigner traveler with long hairs and an awesome moustache. This character costs 25000 in Temple Run and 100000 in Temple Run 2. It comes with a special power of ‘coin double’.
- Montana Smith- A general guy with a hat by default. An explorer in Temple Run. It comes with a price tag of 5000. It has the selected power of ‘coin doubling’. All the powers can be changed in the setting menu.
- Cleopatra- an Egyptian queen. She’s also known as the ‘queen of blazing sands’. She has the whole Egyptian style outfit. Her special ability is, you get a diamond when you double tap on the screen. Character tokens are required to unlock her.
- Imhotep- This one is also an Egyptian character. It requires 10 character tokens. Default outfit of an eagle mask on his face. Comes with the ‘Gem Giving’ power-up.
- Bruce Lee- A Kung-fu actor in real life, he has made a celebrity entry in game. You need to purchase him from the store.
- Usain Bolt- The fastest runner in the world. This man has a special power-up of bolt-running which is a combination of boost distance and coin magnet.